International Advisory Board of James Cook University, Australia
The function of the IAB is to advise the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), the Management Committee, and the Director. Advice is sought on strategic and academic matters that are conducive to the realization of the vision of the Cairns Institute at James Cook University and to the implementation of its strategic intent. Its members are distinguished, internationally renowned individuals, recognized by their peers as having made outstanding contributions to one or more of the academic disciplines represented within the institute. The board normally meets at least once a year in Cairns with the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy ViceChancellor (Research and Innovation), Management Committee, Director, and academic leaders of the Cairns Institute, as part of its review and planning cycle.
The IAB is comprised of nine members appointed by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of five years and includes the following :
• Professor Chris Cocklin (ex-officio), Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, James Cook University
• Professor Barbara Glowczewski, Director of Research, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Laboratoire d'Anthropologie Sociale, Collège de France
• Professor Jon Tikivanotau M. Jonassen, Department of Political Science, College of Business, Computing and Government, Brigham Young University, Hawaii
• Professor Bruce Kapferer, Professor of Anthropology, University of Bergen,
The International Advisory Board, University of Helsinki, Finland
The University of Helsinki has consistently been ranked within the top hundred institutions in the various ranking systems. It was ranked 67 in the 2014 QS World Rankings .
The IAB is made up of nine scholars and practitioners of environmental and applied aesthetics from around the world. The board promotes research in aesthetics, international exchange, and cooperation between universities and research centers. IAB tasks also include evaluating and commenting on the International Institute of Applied Aesthetics (IIAA) project plans. Many IAB members attend events in Finland to pool and share their scholarly expertise in their specialized fields . The IAB has nine members including:
• Professor Emeritus Arnold Berleant, Castine, ME, USA
• Dr. Emily Brady, University of Edinburgh, UK
• Professor Wangheng Chen, Wuhan University, China
• Professor Kenneth Olwig, SLU-Arnap, Department of Landscape Planning, Sweden.
The International Advisory Board, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), KSA
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, was ranked at 225 in the world, in the 2014 QS World Rankings . Its groundbreaking IAB was established in March 2007. The IAB is a highly prestigious panel composed of senior academic and corporate leaders . The IAB membership was selected from world-class organizations. The board fulfills important advisory functions concerning the university's strategic planning. It also focuses on the provision of advice and guidance on the university's outreach to peer institutions for the acquisition, implementation, and utilization of innovations and developments in research and curriculum. It also guides and assists KFUPM's academic administration, and the university's provision of community service.
The IAB was established for the purpose of providing advice and guidance on important issues to the university and its community. The IAB features leading experts, currently or formerly affiliated with some of the most successful and respected companies and universities. The IAB has 14 members selected from world-class organizations, including :
• Martin Jischke, President Emeritus, Purdue University, Indiana, USA
• Andrew F. Gould, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, BG Group Plc, UK
• Robert J. Birgeneau, Chancellor, University of California, Berkeley, USA
• Olivier Appert, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP). He is also a Director of Technip, Director of Storengy and of the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, France.