Semi-Structured Interviews with Children
- 1. Do you have to observe any language rules at home?
- 2. What do you think about these rules?
- 3. Does your mum/dad speak Polish to you at home?
- 4. How do you feel about it?
- 5. When you speak English to your parents, what do they say?
- 6. When you have friends in who do not speak Polish, what languages do your parents speak to you? What languages do you use to answer?
- 7. Do you sometimes switch from Polish to English when speaking to your parents?
- 8. What do they think about it?
- 9. Do you enjoy switching between the languages?
- 10. Do you think speaking Polish is important? Why?
- 11. Do you think speaking different languages at home and at school is right? Why?
- 12. What are the advantages of speaking two languages?
- 13. Why does your mum/dad want you to learn Polish?
- 14. Why do you attend the Polish Saturday school?
- 15. Do you speak English at the Polish school?
- 16. Do you enjoy speaking Polish to your parents?
- 17. What do they say when you speak English to them?
- 18. What languages do you speak when you travel to Poland?
- 19. How do you react when your parents ask you to speak Polish?
- 20. Do you happen to refuse to speak Polish? Why?