Employment Opportunities at the World Bank Group
The World Bank Group employs experienced professionals with a demonstrated record of professional and academic achievement. A broad understanding of development issues and international work experience, preferably at the policy level, are desirable. In addition to proficiency in
English, language skills are needed in Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish.
The Bank Group provides information on its job openings, employment opportunities for professionals, consultancies, internships, and secondments through a careers website maintained by Human Resources.
• Internships. Providing graduate students with practical experience in global development.
• Junior Professional Associates. A unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience, with firsthand exposure to the challenges—and rewards—of international development and poverty reduction.
Development and Capacity Building Programs
• Young Professional Program. An opportunity for young people who have a passion for international development and who possess the potential for future global leadership.
• Junior Professional Programs for Afro-Descendants. Provides young and motivated individuals of Afro-descent, for example, blacks of Sub-Saharan African nationality or race or U.S. citizens from minority groups, who possess outstanding potential with a unique career opportunity to gain experience in a global development environment.
• MIGA Professional Programs. Opportunities for new professionals with diverse talent to work in the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency at entry-level professional positions for two years.
• Legal Associates. Opportunities for talented young legal professionals to gain exposure to the various areas of the World Bank's legal practice and to develop country expertise and skills.
• Resource Management Fast Track Development Program. Opportunities for professionals competent in finance and accounting.
• Donor-Funded Staffing Program. A donor-funded program enabling junior and mid-career professionals, of different nationalities, to gain valuable insights, exposure, and experience from the Bank's internal perspective.
• Global Secondment Program. Provides opportunities for partner organizations and the World Bank to stimulate knowledge sharing, strategic alliances, and capacity building.
• Saudi Recruitment Program. Targets Saudi nationals and allows participants to gain valuable insights, exposure, and experience from the Bank's internal perspective.
• Voice Secondment Program. Program for government officials to take part in a unique capacity--building and knowledge-sharing exchange between the Bank and its 180+ member countries.
IFC Career Opportunities
MIGA Career Opportunities
World Bank Career Opportunities