Function Points and Other Size Metrics: Similarities and Differences
Differences, as well as similarities, existing in function points as well as in the rest of the size measurement are explained as follows:
- (1) The time when the calculation was performed varies. Capacity point tally was typically performed in the major phase when compared to the rest of two-size measurements: just once the realistic UI, sources of information, and yields for framework plus element correlation module was characterized. On the off-chance that capacity focuses were determined at a prior phase, real data must be used for assumptions, otherwise it may expand the estimate mistake.
- (2) The quantity of components gives the least demanding approach to recognize the distinction between work focuses and different measurements. Capacity focuses have five components, but when utilizing element articles or exchange, the utilization case is the main component that is considered.
- (3) The manner by which every component is evaluated. When utilizing capacity focuses, the multifaceted nature of their components is computed in the accompanying manner:
- a) The division of functional complexity for every EIF and ILF is done by means of quantity of “record element types” plus “data element types” (DET) existing within every EIF and ILF.
- b) The division of function for EQ and El is done by means of quantity of data elements type (DET) and quantity of internal and external file references (FTR).
Additionally, on utilizing the capacity point metric, the quantity of information components influences the complexity. Similar information components might be available in EIF, ILF, or EQ and El. This could be the motivation behind why some connections are distinguished among the components of capacity focuses. It is apparent that the information components influence the intricacy of a framework even if it appears that the strategy does not accurately reflect how applicable this might be. When utilizing substance articles or exchanges the utilization case size may be determined in two elective ways: through utilizing either element items or exchanges.
- (4) The idea of ILF inside the capacity focuses metric is equivalent to the idea substance object with in element object metric, however the strategies used to tally them are extraordinary.
- (5) The need to utilize use case differs. Capacity focuses may be determined by utilizing use cases, however it is not mandatory to utilize them, while it is fundamental when utilizing substance items or exchanges.