Bringing It All Together
Industries and markets continually transform. This causes many lethargic companies that do not adapt and evolve to fail. They neglect to make planning for the future an integral part of the business because it doesn’t hold the same significance day-to-day priorities carry. This causes them to be beaten by progressive organizations that launch forward-leaning strategies. The truth is, it doesn’t matter what industry, market, or business you are in, the reluctance to adapt and evolve destroys the ability for you to compete. To be successful, you must continually transform while finding new ways to meet the demands of your customers. Anything short of accepting this as the truth increases your risk of falling behind your competitors and going out of business.
- 1. Top Accounting Degrees. “Netflix vs. Blockbuster.” Topaccountingdegrees.org. www.topaccountingdegrees.org/netflix-vs-blockbuster/ (accessed September 20, 2019).
- 2. Friedman, Wayne. “Could Blockbuster Video Have Been Netflix?” MediaPost.com. www.mediapost.com/publications/article/316647/could-blockbuster-video-have-been-netflix.html (accessed September 25,2019).
- 3. Securities and Exchange Commission. “Blockbuster INC.” SEC.gov. www.sec.gov/ Archives/edgar/data/1085734/000119312505063510/dl0k.htm (accessed October 10, 2019).
- 4. Statista. “Netflix’s Annual Revenue from 2002 to 2019.” Statista.com. www.statista.com/statistics/272545/annual-revenue-of-netflix/ (accessed March 7,2020).
- 5. Macrotrends. “Netflix Net Worth 2006-2019.” Macrotrends.net. www.macrotrends. net/stocks/charts/NFLX/netflix/net-worth (accessed March 8,2020).
- 6. Dazeinfo. “Netflix Revenue by Quarter: FY Ql 2012-Q4 2019.” Dazeinfo.com. https://dazeinfo.com/2019/01/07/netflix-quarterly-revenue-worldwide-graphfarm/ (accessed March 10,2020).
- 7. Carr, Austin. “Blockbuster Bankruptcy: A Decade of Decline.” Fastcompany, com. www.fastcompany.com/1690654/blockbuster-bankruptcy-decade-decline (accessed March 10,2020).