THE IMPACT OF BDA ON MAKING BIG DATA
With the growing number of users of social media (Facebook, Twitter) and applications such as Gmail and Yahoo, and other web sendees, large amounts of data have been collected, and many software have been developed to analyze this data to study its impact on performance, competitiveness, and investment in order to make an appropriate practical decision.
1. Performance Measurement: Big data can enhance the performance of the management systems as the firm’s financial and accounting departments can obtain a format to access information about the size of adjustment with clients, controlling employees’ telephone calls, checking e-mails, etc., with the help of data analysis techniques, the information is programmed and used to identify new stimulus measures and internal and external variables, such as measuring employees’ morale through e-mails, and telephone calls.
The culture of making a decision depends on the administration’s opinion that is based on sensitive information that needs to be kept confidential in order to foster the evidence-based format.
- 2. Competitiveness: Companies use big data to improve their competitive assets. Huge amounts of data available in social media are analyzed on a daily basis to extract relevant information at the right time .
- 3. Investment: Given their characteristics: velocity, variety, and volume, big data are processed using special software that allows the company to take risks and invest at low rates of danger: like investing in the stock exchange where data is huge and noil-structured. The investor needs to analyze them in a short time to extract useful information to invest at minimal costs and losses (Figure 11.3).
FIGURE 11.3 The 3 V’s of big data. Source: Authors’ elaboration.
The study concluded that information systems are rapidly changing; thus, big data are different from traditional data models; mastering their uses and techniques permits the company to improve its efficiency and effectiveness because they are linked to the company’s past, present, and future big data is an.
An interdisciplinary field that has multiple sources and they will undoubtedly play the role of the company’s neurological system as all other systems will depend on them.
11.6.1 TESTING HYPOTHESIS
У HI: big data is a set of unregulated data available on social media. Big data concerns people in general, it comes from unspecialized people, and it is analyzed by experts to extract useful information.
У H2: the film’s central management assigns its divisions to analyze data and extract useful information. It true, as central management needs an information system to analyze data.
У H3: to make suitable decisions, the data related to the film’s internal and external environment should be analyzed. We can confirm this point as it is impossible to make a decision and opt for a suitable alternative without examining the information related to the internal and external environment.
Finally, this study points some results and suggestions:
- 11.6.2 RESULTS
- • A repository for archiving big data should be designed and used during planning
- • veracity and velocity should be taken into consideration while analyzing data for an effective and efficient analysis.
- • The information system needs to be renewed and adjusted to the characteristics.
- 11.6.3 SUGGESTIONS
- • Taking advantage of the new techniques and develop them within the firm.
- • Taking into account the consistency of big data analysis.
- • big-data analysis
- • strategic management
- • decision-making
- • information
- 1. Janvrin, M. W. D., & Watson, (2013). Keeping up with big data. Journal of Accounting Education, 38, 3-8.
- 2. Abderahmane, R., (2018). The role of data analysis in rationalizing financial and administrative decisions within Palestinian Universities. Journal of Financial and Economic Studies, 22-44.
- 3. Goldner, M. T. A. M., (2013). Libraries’ Role Curating and Exposing Big Data, 5, 429-438.
- 4. ISO/IEC JTC1. (2015). Big Data Report. ISO, Geneva.
- 5. Dumbill, E., (2014). Big Data Bootcamp. CA, US: APress.
- 6. Joel, G., (2019). Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python (p. 1). CA, US: O’Reilly.
- 7. Yexiong, L. D. A., (2015). Big data analytics and business analytics. Journal of Management Analytics.
- 8. Mesdour, F., (2015). https://w.facebook.com. Economy and Management. Facebook [Online], University of Blida 2, Algeria.
- 9. Mesdour, F., (2015). Composer, Steps of Making a Decision. [Sound Recording]. The University of Bhda.
- 10. Mishra. A. S., (2015). Information Professional and Big Data, UACSSE, 5(9), 123-129.