WP5. Environmental Monitoring
Both during the assessment process- data collection- and pilot implementation of the intervention the project promotes a real-time display of results in the selected sites, with direct consequences on consumption behavior by agents/consumers. The results will be included in a final report and possibly foster the potential to create a mobile app accessible for citizens.
- • The intervention transforms thus the conventional urban rehabilitation protocols of the twentieth century in a ‘living laboratory’ of the XXI century.
- • SYMBIONT fosters a transmission methodology using versatile real-time narratives to interest not only the partners involved, but also many other cross groups.
WP6. Participation/Validation Process by Professional Market
The report generated by universities at previous stage will undergo diagnostics with the participation of experts and agents from professional field, who will perform feasibility and potential reports. This will be an open-ended process of surveying professionals through the Council of European Architects, or National Chamber of Architects involved, aiming to gather the expertise from practitioners (a ratio of 40 per country), responsible agents from Municipal or Council Planning Areas and experts on energy assessment evaluation tools, as GBC, Passivhaus or equivalent group.
These will allow establishing significant frameworks of relationship between diverse regulatory entities, pointing in particular friction and opportunity areas. The coordination of this regulatory basis should promote definition of resource and emissions cycles in the existing city, and encourage such practices in future developments. The validation will specifically address regulatory gaps as follows:
- • Compared-analysis of Urban Regulations and Building Codes. Detection of overlap/friction areas between diverse regulatory scales for the potential dissemination of results at national level. This action will be carried out by analyzing specific keywords in both urban and building regulation fields, with special attention to cross concepts such as envelope, surplus, storage, cooperation or energy efficiency.
- • Definition of strategic action scenarios. This will encourage a first report of strategic connection nodes.
WP 7. Optimization Plan and Dissemination of Results
Reports of the experts -action 6- will be consolidated in a single final document, and circulated to the research centers mentioned and the cities defined as followers to collect their critical consideration in the following:
- • To identify which of the implemented solutions is applicable to the follower cities through analysis of planning tools, with the participation of multiples stakeholder assessing the efficiency of the implemented solutions.
- • To disseminate the results through the basis of existing academic networks such as Solar Decathlon or Europan Urban Competition.
Final action will undertake a critical interpretation of the obtained data in geopolitical terms, indicating the legislative framework and degree of flexibility of the diverse regulatory environments studied.
-  E.g. In Spain energy efficiency requirements as described by the Basic Document HE (EnergySaving) CTE, and its overlaps with Law 8/2013 on Rehabilitation, Regeneration and UrbanRenewal.