Benefits and Disadvantage of Conceptual Framework in Operation Management
The operation management in the education system can be greatly automated for performing complicated analytical operation by the adoption of proposed conceptual framework. The direct advantage of the proposed study is to enhance the teachinglearning experience. The adoption of digitization and automation in educational institution leads to generation of massive set of education data. Such data may include information related to administrative operation and technical operation related to the higher education subjects. However, the data just increase its size of storage which doesn’t lead to generation of much value added information for future. The conceptual framework has the potential to capture the spontaneously growing educational data that allows the stakeholders to extract the highly valuable information e.g.
- 1. The proposed idea of conceptual framework can identify the problems of dimensionality in the massive and unstructured/semi-structure educational data using open source and highly customizable software framework. It not only enhances industry standard data storage over clusters but also performs a highly customizable data retrieval process.
- 2. The presented framework can assess the performance of faculties as well as student based on varying parameters which are very different than conventional predefined feedback-based parameters. A stakeholder can define its own parameter to judge the performance of both students and faculties. This feature will also encourage stakeholders of operation management to adopt various industry-based quality standards to further improve the process delivery.
- 3. It can identify the critical factors responsible for poor academic performance. Based on wide scope of data, the proposed system applies semantics and data mining that can extract all the hidden subspaces in high-dimensional data thereby discovering the latent data from massive data. Such features lacks in existing analytical applications.
- 4. It can predict essential parameters that can leverage the skills of actors involved in education industry. The proposed system can forecast the precise remedy that is essential for actors to fulfill any existing gap of a particular skill.
- 5. The proposed system will also involve a module for risk analysis that includes amount of costing and probability of return of investment to be assessed on multi-dimensional performance parameter. It can also enable the stakeholder to make decision making towards futuristic education-related ventures. It will also assists in evaluating the impact of any unforeseen risk towards educational quality.
The above mentioned points are the direct reflection of the fact that the proposed conceptual framework can offer a potential analytical power in the operation management of the educational section by enhancing the teaching-learning experience, minimizing the administrative task, decision-making in better strategic planning.
Although the proposed system is designed to overcome the problems pertaining to non-usage of educational data, it still has some disadvantage. The proposed system doesn’t emphasize on security towards accessibility features owing to its focus on developing analytics on education data. Due to adoption of open-source framework, it may give added advantage to hackers, who use Java extensively to access any open-source framework. This disadvantage can be overcome by developing a novel cryptographic algorithm in future.