LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
AFFCT Affective Commitment
ER Emotional Resilience
IS Interpersonal Sensitivity
ITL Intention to Leave
JOBSAT Job Satisfaction
OEI Organizational Emotional Intelligence
- 1. Employees were asked to report on the EI ability of their immediate supervisor in the organization.
- 2. In this research, the median number of employees per organization was 132, ranging from organizations with as little as 18 or as many as 4,503 employees. Participating companies were from the services sector (52% of the sample), manufacturing (28%), trade (15%), and finance and insurance (5%).
- 3. The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is a civilian psychological research center in the U.S. federal government, which is supported by the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations (CREIO), an U.S. based organization founded by Cary Cherniss and Daniel Goleman.
- 4. Menges and Bruch (2009) also measured organizational performance using subjective measures for organizational performance and an objective measure for involuntary absence, controlling for company size in their results.
- 5. These items were measured on a 7-point Likert agreement scale.
- 6. Ibid.
- 7. OEI was rated on a 5-point Likert agreement scale.
- 8. Ibid.
- 9. Ibid.
- 10. Ibid.
- 11. Ibid.
- 12. Ibid.
- 13. Ibid.
- 14. Ibid.