Agenda for Action
The support of social causes by individual citizens and action groups helps bring constructive change to nations and communities. Social media warfare tactics enable individual citizens and action groups to recruit, influence, and communicate. Unless social media suddenly disappears, it will play a bigger and more important role in individual citizen and action group pursuit of their agendas and their ability to coalesce into special interest groups that can more strongly influence voters and policy makers. Action steps should include, but not be limited to
- ? Establishing and supporting research efforts that examine the role of social media warfare tactics in social causes and social change.
- ? Developing methods to more comprehensively monitor and measure the impact of social media warfare tactics in situations of civil disobedience.
- ? Protecting citizen journalists’ rights to record police action or actions of any government representative or entity and share that recording with fellow activists and the public.
- ? Continuing to advocate for the rights of social activists and citizen journalists around the world to exercise free speech and freedom of press.
- ? Taking steps to assure that law enforcement monitoring of social media complies with all applicable laws and does not violate individual privacy.