TQM Implementation Approaches
TQM can't have just one effective solution for planning and implementing TQM concepts in all situations. The following is a list of generic models for implementing TQM theory:
- • Train top management on TQM principles.
- • Assess the current culture, customer satisfaction, and quality management system.
- • Top management determines the core values and principles and communicates them.
- • Develop a TQM master plan based on steps 1, 2, and 3.
- • Identify and prioritize customer needs, and determine products or services to meet those needs.
- • Determine the critical processes that produce those products or services.
- • Create process improvement teams.
- • Managers support the efforts by planning, training, and providing resources to the team.
- • Management integrates changes for improvement in daily process management. After improvements, standardization takes place.
- • Evaluate progress against the plan and adjust as needed.
- • Provide constant employee awareness and feedback. Establish an employee reward/recognition process.