- 1. US Department of Health and Human Services. 2008. Developing Healthy People 2020: Objectives for 2020, Phase 1 Report: Recommendations for the Framework and Format of Healthy People 2020. The Secretary’s Advisory Committee on National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Washington, DC.
- 2. Koren, Herman. 1972. An Instrument for Evaluating Competencies of Environmental Health Interns. Doctoral dissertation, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- 3. Koren, Herman. 1976. Delineation of Responsibilities and Performance Levels of Professional Environmentalists. Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN.
- 4. Koren, Herman. 1969. Demonstration of an Approach to the Internship Concept in Environmental Health, CPS-69-002. Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN.
- 5. Koren, Herman, Bisesi, Michael. 2003. Handbook of Environmental Health: Biological, Chemical, and Physical Agents of Environmentally Related Diseases, Fourth Edition, Volume 1, pp. 67-73. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
Robert J. Brulle. 2008. The US Environmental Movement. In: 20 Lessons in Environmental Sociology, 211-227. Gould, K., Lewis, T. (editors) Roxbury Press. Sweet Springs, MO.
Stanley Johnson. 2012. UNEP: The First 40 Years: A Narrative. United Nations Environmental Programme. UNON/Publishing Section Services, Nairobi.
Presidential Documents, Executive Order 13423. 2007. Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management. Federal Register, 72:17.
Presidential Documents, Executive Order 13514. 2009. Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance. Federal Register, 74:194.
United Nations. 2012. Report of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. A/CONF. 216/16. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
United Nations, Sustainable Development. 1992. United Nations Conference on Environment and Development. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. 2013. Water Quality: International Decade for Action “Water for Life” 2005-2015. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, New York, NY.
US Department of Health and Human Services. 2010. Developing Healthy People 2020: Evidence-Based Clinical and Public Health: Generating and Applying the Evidence. The Secretary’s Advisory Committee on National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Washington, DC.
US Environmental Protection Agency. 2013. Plan EJ 2014: Progress Report. Washington, DC.
US Environmental Protection Agency, Region 10: The Pacific Northwest. 2013. History of Sustainability: Creation of EPA andNEPA. Washington, DC.