Pesticide Registration Improvement Act of 2003
This act amended all the original acts. It requires that companies pay service fees and that the EPA has to meet decision review time schedules. It provides shorter decision times for reduced risk pesticides. It was renewed in 2007 and 2012.
Freedom of Information Act
This act legally requires all agencies to respond to information requests from the public unless the information is confidential and protected by disclosure rules. Trade secrets and financial information from various companies cannot be released.
Federal Advisory Committee Act
This act establishes a variety of special committees who advise the EPA on various areas of scientific research. The committees include the:
- • Tolerance Reassessment Advisory Committee
- • Food Safety Advisory Committee
- • Endocrine Disruptors Screening and Testing Advisory Committee
- • Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee
- • FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel and Scientific Advisory Board
- • State FIFRA Issues Research and Evaluation Group.
Safe Drinking Water Act
In 1996 the Congress amended the law for screening and testing programs for chemicals and pesticides that may cause endocrine disruptor effects. The EPA developed and presented a screening program to Congress so that it could be implemented.